Guerilla MailLoops & LinksMary OliverThe Grand Budapest HotelVSCO
Loops & LinksFriday, August 08, 2014
|Original photo credits to Pat Martires|
1. Something worth rediscovering: VSCO's Grid featuring photos taken in the Philippines.
2. Something to ponder on: Your Wanderlust Is Inauthentic: The Real Difference Between Travel And Vacation
3. Something to turn fiction into reality: Sweets are my weakness. I enjoyed watching The Grand Budapest a little bit more than most people at the sight of the fictional Mendl’s Courtesan au Chocolat. Don't fret because here's a sort of hack courtesy of Wes Anderson's team to finally taste those cute looking puffs.
4. Something to inspire you more: How To Be Creative.
5. Something new to learn today: So, What Exactly is Performance Art? (Also reading this right now because bike! Hahaha.)
6. Something to laugh about: 38 Yahoo Questions That Will Destroy Your Faith In Humanity
7. Something to make you surrender: Because sometimes, it just feels exponentially better to give in and just be happy.
“If you suddenly and unexpectedly feel joy, don’t hesitate. Give in to it. There are plenty of lives and whole towns destroyed or about to be. We are not wise, and not very often kind. And much can never be redeemed. Still life has some possibility left. Perhaps this is its way of fighting back, that sometimes something happened better than all the riches or power in the world. It could be anything, but very likely you notice it in the instant when love begins. Anyway, that’s often the case. Anyway, whatever it is, don’t be afraid of its plenty. Joy is not made to be a crumb.”
― Mary Oliver, Swan: Poems and Prose Poems
8. Something to keep the spam mails at bay: Guerilla Mail.
9. Something which is simple but most of the time not: Postsecret.
10. Something for the things we learn to overcome: I Wrote This For You.