Color of the yearLoops & LinksLuke HowardMichael DumontierNeil FarberNeko: The CatPantonePaul + Wendy ProjectRadiant OrchidThis Isn't HappinessTypingYou Me She
Loops & LinksWednesday, January 08, 2014
LOOPS & LINKS
Got time to waste? Click away!
1. This Isn't Happiness. A Tumblr account that showcases art, photography, design and disappointment. I'm on the 61st page already and I've no intention yet to stop browsing.
2. Paul + Wendy Projects' Typing by Michael Dumontier and Neil Farber. The digital prints all consist of either an old man or a young girl on their typewriters and a large white space that contains a typewritten message or a typography. I found them dark and funny, sometimes sad but all very quirky.
3. These 2 articles on Thought Catalog, which kind of summarizes what happens after a break-up. Very spot on and inspiring.
a. As Long As I Love You I'm Not Free
b. The Second Time You Fall In Love With Someone
4. Because I like illustrations! <3 Here's Neko: The Cat (Illustration by Hwei Lin Lim) and You Me She by Luke Howard. Click on the panels to read the whole thing!
5. 2014 Pantone Color of the Year is...
“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”
Pantone announced it's 2014 Color of the Year! I was quite ecstatic because though I prefer to mostly wear blacks and grays, I absolutely adore this color. It's very rich and sweet and feminine, but a few shades darker and it can turn sullen and depressing. I think it's a very manic color. Yay for
purple Radiant Orchid!