I was thinking of putting up another Christmas wishlist that no one ever reads (I know that for a fact because people never get me anything from my list! Don't get me wrong, I love their gifts but it would be great if people took time to read my list haha) but I thought why not a list of New Year's resolutions instead.
I never make resolutions because I'm bad at keeping them. And I think my only resolution every year is to lose weight but... yeah. You know how that went. But then I woke up this morning and realized it's a day before Christmas and 7 days until a new year unfolds, maybe I should scratch the wishlist that nobody pays attention to and make a list of things that I want to do for myself.
So, here it goes:
1. I will not get involved with somebody who just broke up with their girlfriend or somebody that's in a relationship that's about to end. (Because a, how it starts is how it ends; and b, look where that got you. This is also a resolution that would apply to every year remaining in my life.)
2. I will not get involved with somebody that has a girlfriend. (Because a, DUH it's wrong; b, it's a complicated, hot bowl of mess; and c, LOOK WHERE THAT GOT YOU! Again, year 2014 until forever resolution.)
3. I will always think twice about my decisions because, obviously, I don't make the best choices in life. And my head seems to not function at certain times. (Like when I get to know someone that's totally not right and he's all ten shades of complicated but my savior complex kicks in and I feel like this person needs my help and we end up tangled with each other and feel like we had the ~right love at the wrong time~ because timing is ALWAYS a bitch, and they end up breaking my heart and changing me 4EVER.)
4. I will shed a few pounds. Okay, a lot of pounds. OKAY.
5. I will be a less boring person. Boring is my middle name and I hate it.
6. I will take care of myself better. I should take care of myself better. Last year, I didn't. I'm not getting any younger so self, please take care of yourself better.
7. Everyday, I will have to try harder.
8. I will start conversations. #greatestselfchallenge2014
9. Start (and finish!) a personal project.
10. I will get a passport and travel out of the country.
11. I will stop using living in Cavite as an excuse not to make it to events.
Keeping one promise is hard enough, let's see how I'll fare with
Cheers to keeping promises! Cheers to the new year! Oh, and Merry Christmas, too!